Are you tired of looking for a job that can be done from home, and still couldn’t find a good one? Don’t worry; we got you covered. We have some jobs that you can do from home and make money.
Here are some FAQs about the jobs that you can do from home
Here are the best jobs that can be done from home.
– Virtual assistant
– Online translators
– Graphic designers
– Online tutors
– Freelance writers
– Professional consultants
– Virtual travel agents
– Social media marketers
– Web developers
The list doesn’t end here. However, those are the most reliable and high paying jobs that can be done from home.
Highest paying jobs that can be done from home are usually professional consulting jobs. For example, attorneys, engineers, web developers make a lot of money working from home as external consultants. After that, other freelancing jobs like graphic designing, writing, etc. can pay well.
Getting a stay at home job is easier than getting a regular job. For example, if you are going to start freelancing, all you have to is creating a gig in a freelancing marketplace, and marketing your gig. If you are good enough, you will be able to find clients soon. In this blog post, we will go through all those jobs that can be done from home and see how to get started.
Yes, you can. There are plenty of ways to make money online. However, if you want to make a living, you will have to commit to a reliable way of making money. That is why, in this blog post, we have listed the best jobs that can be done from home.
What are the advantages disadvantages of working from home?
As everything else, stay at home jobs have their own advantages and disadvantages. Before we go through our list of jobs that can be done from home, first, we’ll see what the pros and cons of doing a stay at home job.
Top 10 advantages of doing a job that can be done from home
- Flexible schedule – Work in your own schedule. You can take breaks at any moment.
- No commuting – Everybody hates that morning commute to work. It is a total waste of time. However, doing a job that can be done from home, you can save your commuting time and money.
- Save money – If you had to work in an office in the city, the lunch could be expensive. At home, you can save a lot by preparing your food.
- Comfortable clothes – You can work in your comfy sweatpants if you want.
- No chitty chatty co-workers – Don’t wanna hear about Clare’s cat stories? Well, she is not there when you work from home.
- Comfortable environment – Hate sitting at a desk for nine hours a day? Well, at home you can work lying on a bed if you want.
- Sleep little more – If you hate waking up early to catch the train switch to a job that can be done from home.
- More time with your loved ones – Need to take care of someone at home? Or wanna stay at home with your dog? Then, stay at home jobs might be the best choice for you.
- Good for the medical conditions – If you have some medical condition that keeps you from going out, the best thing is to find a job that can be done from home and earn money from home.
- Live wherever you want– If you hate to live in the suburbs, find a job that can be done from home and move to a remote area.
Top 10 disadvantages of doing a job that can be done from home
- Hard to get freelancing jobs – Freelancing is getting overcrowded every day, and now there is a massive competition to get jobs. So, if you select a job, make sure that you have enough talent to compete.
- Lose focus – You can quickly lose the focus of your work when working from home. There can be many distractions, including your loved ones, Netflix, YouTube, etc.
- Extended power naps – When you work from home, you can take a power nap anytime you want. Sometimes these can get extended and waste your time.
- Can’t stick to your routine – So many things can pop up anytime when you work from home. You will hardly get a full 9 hours a day to your work.
- Boredom – Sometimes not seeing and talking to your co-workers can be hard. You will start missing Clare at the office.
- No boss, less speed – Not having to report to a boss may seem like an advantage. However, if there is no one to push you to your limits, you can get slow at work.
- No free medical insurance – One of the perks of working at an office is the free medical insurances and other benefits. Once you start a job that can be done from home, you will lose all these perks.
- No free coffee – You will miss that free coffee machine at the office
- Not getting ASAP answers – When you start working from home, over the internet and phone calls, you will stop getting quick answers to the questions. For example, if you are working with a client on the other side of the world, they will answer when you are sleeping.
- No more free wifi – Remember to mark your internet bill as a cost, when you start a job from home.
- No festival bonus – Now you are your own boss. Should you give yourself a festival bonus this year?
Here is the list of jobs that can be done from home?
As a virtual assistant, you have to handle simple office jobs from home, over the internet. For example, you will find VA jobs, where you have to:
- Reply to the emails
- Manage social media accounts
- Manage booking sites for hotels
- Answering the phone calls
- Doing the accounts
- Entering data
- Handling the company documentation, etc.
Usually, you can make around $10 – $15 per hour from the virtual assistant jobs. You can find VA jobs from the freelancing websites, company websites, and on social media.
Below screenshot is taken from UpWork, and it lists some VAs who are working from home. See how much there are charging and their niches.
Online translating is a great job that can be done from home. Apart from having to be fluent in two languages, in some cases, your clients will ask for an educational qualification too. Especially if you are looking for the scientific and technical translations, you will have to provide your educational qualifications to get the jobs.
You can find online translation jobs by calling to the local translation companies or by creating a gig on a freelancing platform like Fiverr or UpWork.
Below screenshot is taken from UpWork, and it lists some online translators who are working from home. See how much there are charging.
If you have the talent, graphic designing is one of the highest-paid jobs that can be done from home. As a graphic designer, you can find jobs to design logos, flyers, posters, book covers, social media ads, etc.
The price range for graphic designing can vary a lot. For example, some are charging $10 per logo, and some are charging $750. It all depends on your talent. You can find graphic designing jobs from Fiverr, UpWork, Freelancer websites or from design competitions of 99Design and Design crowd.
Below screenshot is taken from UpWork, and it lists some intermediate level graphic designers who are working from home. See how much there are charging.
Online tutoring is a professional job that can be done from home. If you are good at teaching and have professional qualification in any subject area, you can find online tutoring jobs from freelancing websites, and online tutoring platforms like VIP kids. Usually, you can make around $20 per hour by doing online tutoring from home.
Below screenshot is taken from UpWork, and it lists some online tutors who are working from home. See how much there are charging and their expertise.
Today, content marketing is getting overly competitive, and almost all the businesses are in a race to create content. So, as a freelancing writer, you can make money by writing blog articles, sales copies, and white papers for these companies.
As a freelancing writer, you can sell a 500-word article for $5. However, some top-level writers earn a lot more than that. Below screenshot is taken from UpWork, and it lists some freelancing writers who are working from home. See how much there are charging and their expertise.
If you are a professional like an Engineer, Attorney, or Web-Developer, you can find consulting jobs that can be done from home. The fees for such jobs depend on your skill level and the complexity of the tasks.
You can find such jobs from the job agents and the company websites. If you continue doing freelancing consultant jobs, over time, the companies will find you for such jobs.
Being a YouTuber is a trendy job that can be done from home. There are many cooking channels, DIY channels, and educational channels done by the people who are working from home. If done right, YouTube is money mine.
Check this story about how a 7-year old made $22million by doing a Youtube channel.
Social media marketers
Nowadays, social media marketing is a must-have digital marketing strategy for any business. So, the small businesses who cannot afford an in-house social media marketer tend to out the source that job. That is where you can come in help them to build their social media presence.
By doing this, you can make around $20 per hour by working from home. Moreover, the best thing is, you can handle jobs from multiple companies at the same time. As a social media marketer, you will have to manage their social media pages, post, and comment on behalf of the business, run advertisements, etc.
Web developing is undoubtedly one of the most paid jobs that can be done from home. Also, unlike the other freelancing jobs, the chances of finding clients for your gig is much higher with web-developing. The amount you can charge depends on your skills and the gig.
Also, web developing is not a one time job. Once you found a customer, you will get to work with them for a very long time. So, it is a very reliable way of making money from home.
Dropshipping is an easy way to start an online retail store. With dropshipping, your supplier will directly ship the products to your customers. So, you don’t have to buy an inventory to sell online.
For example, if you decide to sell phone cases online, all you have to do is create an online phone case store. When someone purchases a phone case from your store, you can forward that order to your supplier, and they will pack and send that product directly to your customer. So, you don’t have to worry about shipping and packing.
If you like to learn more about dropshipping, check this article about six simple steps to start a dropshipping business.
Jobs that can be done from home – Disclaimer
When you read about these jobs that can be done from home, you will feel that it is extremely easy and you should quit your job too. However, freelancing and other stay at home jobs are not that easy. It takes much commitment to become successful from the jobs that can be done from home. Also, make sure to develop some good money management skills after you start working from home.
If you like to give it a try, it is better to join some online forums and Facebook groups related to the job that you are going to start. In that way, you can stay updated about your niche.
If you like this blog post, please stay in touch with us by subscribing to our email list.
Featured photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash